Amazon Shopping List:
- Vinyl Growth Chart Decal Kit
- Matte Chalk Finish Acrylic Paint
- Assorted Hanger and Picture Frame Back Kit
We only had to purchase the decal for $13.79 from Amazon, pine board (1 in x 6 in x 6 ft) for $13.92 at Home Depot, and our D-Ring hangers from Lowes for $1.98. We already had the chalk paint, clear coat, brushes, drill, hammer, etc… So for $29.69 we were able to DIY our very own growth chart for our growing family!
So it’s pretty self explanatory, but if you’re a visual learner and need to see or read how to do something, THIS IS FOR YOU!
- two coats of white chalk paint on a clean wooden board. let dry.
- measure foot by foot, marking with a pencil. apply decal accordingly.
- two coats of a clear coat. let dry.
- screw in wall mounts of choice (found in hardware of any home improvement store.)
- hang accordingly!
I’m a lazy bum, with a toddler running around my feet. You’ll notice I first didn’t apply the decals properly, drill in the mounts evenly, and I even measured where it should be hung wrong. Still, I am so proud we will have the piece of DIY glory in our homes for the rest of our lives! Our son is growing like a weed, so so so thankful!