Happy Monday! It has been a fun weekend of organizing and creating our nursery. I had a yard of this stretchy and breathe-able fabric from Joann’s sale last week, and felt it would be perfect for a gender neutral car-seat cover!
- Measure fabric and pin to cover the circumference of the car seat.
- Sew along pinned area.
- Stretch tunnel of fabric around car seat.
- Make even and symmetrical knots of extra fabric along the sides of the car seat handle.
- Pin knots in place.
- Sew folds at knots to secure fabric around the handles.
- Trim excess fabric and tuck in.
- Add any finishing touches!
I hope this post inspires you to make a cover for your own kids or an expecting friend! We are in Florida, so many store bought covers are unsafe for the high temperatures, but thank God for needles, threads, and cute prints at Joann’s Fabrics and Crafts.
I unfortunately can’t find this exact print, but here are other Star Wars options: http://www.joann.com/fabric/character-fabric/star-wars/